Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Procrastination



I'm a procrastinator. Despite my best intentions in school, I'd always be preparing the book report or studying for the text on the night before. One of my worst areas for procrastination has been the fix-up projects around the house. Usually Kathy has to get in her Wakasugi-woman power ring combat mode to move me into beginning a fix-up or remodeling project. Once I'm moving, though I get the job done - with any tool at hand.

Shortly after we moved into our home in Bakersfield we noticed that there was a crack in the ceiling and wall joins in our bedroom. "Someday," I'd say to myself, "I'll have to do something about that."

Fast forward twenty plus years. Someday has arrived - we're moving out in a few months and the room needs painting (obviously I haven't painted it in twenty years plus either!). Armed with my left index finger and a $3.00 tub of E-Z Patch and the motivation to get the job done, hey presto change-o, the job is complete. Well, mostly - I still have to paint it.

2 comments:

  1. well done, daddy. I'm proud of you for finally getting the job done. if it makes you feel better I have never noticed that crack in the ceiling.

    what's the next project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paint part of the master bathroom (a recent repair to the shower apparatus left two large patched spots on the wall behind it and paint the master bedroom (with the help of the Stewarts, since our two favorite painters aren't available!

    ReplyDelete