Monday, April 13, 2009

Geezers Unite!

What is it about technology? There are new and improved items hitting the shelves all the time - it seems that the pace of innovation has been picking up during the past thirty years. Sometimes I catch on fairly quickly (I got my first personal computer in 1983), but sometimes technology and I don't get along. For example, I really dislike talking on the telephone. I've gotten better at phoning, but I like to see the person's face when I'm talking to them - the non-verbal expressions communicate so much. But, hooray for other technology! I've just installed webcams on our laptops so we can use the video feature of Skype when we're separated. Our webcams also let us take video - a scary thought.

OK - webcams have been available for years - I admit that I'm not an early adopter of technology. But eventually I come around to new things that prove their worth. Next week we'll get to test out how these will work for us from Kenya. I'll be able to talk with Kathy, and with our kids - that is if they join their geezer father in getting a webcam on their computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment